Thursday, October 12, 2017

Merritt is six!

Another year has flown by and Merritt is now a six year old.  She is such a wonderful daughter, always smiling, laughing, and trying to make everyone around her do the same.  Merritt always sees the bright side, which is a trait I wish I shared.  She will do anything for Lillian, even if it means taking the blame for something she didn't do!  Merritt is so smart and such a quick learner.  She loves to practice her reading and especially Math.  Every Wednesday, while Lillian is taking golf lessons, we play Dogopoly (basically the same as Monopoly but with dogs as property places).  She has already begun to master counting money and giving correct change.  She loves that she ALWAYS beats me, and believe me, I am not just letting her.  Merritt still loves to sing and dance for us.  This year she started piano and she definitely has a propensity to music as she has picked up learning hand positions and hearing notes with ease.  She is swimming at MAC on the Junior Swim League and is excelling at that as well.  Her teachers and coaches are always praising her for her patience, quick learning, and behavior.  What can I say, I think she is perfect!